Cell Phone ban, good for risk management, bad for business

The Delaware legislature passed a ban on using a cell phone while driving. This includes two way radios. From a risk management perspective this is a good thing. I myself push the limits on use, as I find myself using my blackberry when driving. The main reason is that business has demanded the instant response. Since I am out seeing clients all day and most of my time is in the car, naturally there are times I use the phone when I am driving. Well, in my risk management "bones" I know this is bad practice. So I agree with the ban but am concerned how it will affect how business is done. Also I am concerned for the many businesses that still rely on two way radio communications (like trucking) and the businesses that serve these industries. Until next time know your risks and be careful out there   K

Popular posts from this blog

Delaware Business Insurance Update from CNC Insurance Associates, " Personalization of Auto Insurance Could Reduce Rates !" 12-25-18

Get employees back to work quickly to keep work comp costs down

Delaware Business Insurance Update from CNC Insurance Associates. " Mental Health Issues in the Workplace Needs Risk Management" 12-2-18