Definitions Clients Should Know

One of my clients the other day asked me the difference between an agent and a broker. With that question I realized that insurance terms can be confusing so I thought I would touch on a few in this blog:
Agent- represents the insurance company and brings their products to clients
Broker- represents the client and finds insurance company products for them
Insurer- the insurance company
Insured- you the client and policy holder
Carrier- another name for the insurance company
Surplus Lines- where you go for hard to place coverage

These are just a few terms that hopefully I have cleared up for you. Back to agent & broker, at my firm CNC Insurance, we are both. That way we can provide the best insurance service for our clients. Until next time be careful out there and know your risks. K

Popular posts from this blog

Delaware Business Insurance Update from CNC Insurance Associates, " Personalization of Auto Insurance Could Reduce Rates !" 12-25-18

Get employees back to work quickly to keep work comp costs down

Delaware Business Insurance Update from CNC Insurance Associates. " Mental Health Issues in the Workplace Needs Risk Management" 12-2-18